Saturday, August 21, 2010


Just a quick note, we arrived in Crescent City yesterday, having left Brookings after one day.

We are trying to decide weither to hole up here for the next several days, as the weather is turning rather sour, or to make a run for Eureka. Being in Eureka would put us much closer to Cape Mendocino and points south, but would require us to leave about 7pm Sunday for a 1pm arrival(arrival time is dictated by high slack tide). This is an 18 hour leg. It really should only take about 11 hours, but we would have to leave here at "0 dark thirty" and take a chance on not running into one of the many crab pots outside of here. We would rather leave early, and see where we are going....if we decide to go at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment